Flappy Bird’s Creator is Thinking About Bringing it Back

Flappy BirdFor those still mourning the loss of the highly addictive Flappy Bird mobile game that was pulled from app stores just last month, creator Dong Nguyen said he’s “considering” bringing it back. In an in-depth interview with Rolling Stone, Nguyen said there is a chance he could release it once again: “I’m considering it.” The publication met with the man who mysteriously removed the app, despite it bringing in a reported $55,000 in ad revenue each day. Although the app launched in May 2013, it became an overnight sensation in February as it climbed to the top of Apple’s App Store and Google Play for Android. But the stresses of success had gotten to its creator. There were rumors he might be sued by Nintendo. He received death threats, couldn’t eat and even contemplated suicide. This led him to send a series of tweets on Feb. 8 warning that he was going to remove the app in just 22 hours

Read the full story at Mashable, and the full interview at Rolling Stone.

Share/Bookmark

Author:

Speak Your Mind

*