The latest story from New York Times Best-Selling Author Craig Bouchard transports you to 16th century Japan — while also helping raise money for children’s charities around the world. Bouchard’s latest tale, “The Adventures of Ai,” is now available as an e-book through Apple, Google, Samsung and Amazon, as well as in video game form. “Ai” tells a story that challenges the imaginations of today’s kids through art, history, poetry, music and mathematics. “Ai” follows an 11-year-old Japanese girl searching for treasure — and her father — in the year 1514.
Some of the charities that the proceeds from “Ai” benefit include:
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago and Misericordia in the U.S.
- Operation Smile in China
- Taipei Orphan Welfare Foundation and Maria Social Welfare Foundation in Taiwan
- College Women’s Association of Japan and The Working Youth Society in Japan
- Child Rights and You (CRY) and Magic Bus in India
- Children’s Leukaemia and Cancer Research Foundation and the Sony Foundation in Australia
- Child Cancer Foundation in New Zealand
- Foundation to be Named Later, K is for Kids, Naples Equestrian Challenge, Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital and The Dempster Family Foundation
Bouchard was inspired to create “The Adventures of Ai” during the time he spent in Japan in the early 1990s. “Ai” is available on iOS 7, Android and Kindle devices. The game’s soundtrack (and the original songs), produced by 15-time Grammy Award winner Humberto Gatica, is available on iTunes and other international music sites.