WITI (Women in Technology International), the leading global organization for professional, tech-savvy women, announces the Annual WITI Women Powering Technology Summit, which will take place October 2-4th, 2011, in the heart of the Silicon Valley, at the Doubletree by Hilton® Hotel in San Jose, California. The WITI Summit will deliver solid strategies and insights for business expansion, emerging markets, best practices, technology skills, and the rise of women to the executive suite.
SAN JOSE, CA (PRWEB)–July 18, 2011– WITI (Women in Technology International), the leading global organization for professional, tech-savvy women, will deliver solid strategies and insights for business expansion, best practices and technology skills, during the Annual WITI Women Powering Technology Summit, which takes place October 2-4th, 2011 in the heart of the Silicon Valley, at the Doubletree by Hilton® Hotel in San Jose, California.
The Women Powering Technology Summit will feature keynote presentations and panel discussions with leading women executives from Adobe, Cisco, EMC, Facebook, HP, IBM, Intel, Meebo, Sprouter and many others. The 3-day Summit will also feature special networking and celebratory events such as the WITI Hall of Fame Awards, WITI Executive Roundtables, WITI Foundation Executive Auction and the WITI NextGen Program.
“Historically, every economic change brings new business opportunities for innovation and transformation. WITI is committed to highly interactive venues which showcase talented smart women providing first-hand knowledge and personal insights involving all aspects of business and technology,” said Carolyn Leighton, Founder/Chairwoman of WITI.
The WITI Women Powering Technology Summit represents the ideal environment for business networking, where individuals and companies alike gain a better understanding of the strategies required to attract professional, tech savvy women. CIOs, executive women and other leaders in technology from around the world converge to collaborate on solutions to technology and business challenges, advance their understanding of emerging platforms and best business practices, as well as how and why to more effectively recruit professional technology-focused women to the executive suite.
WITI Women Powering Technology Summit Highlights:
“Top Secret Rosies”
- Documentary film screening and Interactive Discussion with Director LeAnn Erickson will launch the WITI Summit on Sunday October 2, 2011. “Top Secret Rosies” tells the story of a group of female mathematicians who, in 1942, helped win a war and usher in the modern computer age.
The 16th Annual WITI Hall of Fame Awards
- Honoring key women innovators from science and technology on Monday, October 3rd. This year’s honorees will be announced later this summer.
The World Cafe
- The 2011 World Café will engage participants in roundtable Creative Exchange discussions, forming Mastermind teams to strategize best solutions for solving complex challenges and hot button issues.
Keynote presentations, panel discussions and new WITIStyle talks
- Speaking engagements with leading executives from companies such as Adobe, Cisco, EMC, Facebook, HP, IBM, Intel, Meebo, Sprouter and many others. Topics will include discussions on Social and Mobile enterprise, Sustainability, Start-Up Success and Global Expansion, Career and Personal Development, Mutual Mentoring and the great need for inspiring interest in careers in science and technology among young women.
- This young women’s micro conference on Monday, October 3rd, is designed to encourage young women and girls to consider careers in Science and Technology. Leading women in Technology will teach, mentor and share with students through speaking engagements, mentoring panels, workshops and round table discussions highlighting how these women of note chose their path while reinforcing the importance of demonstrated leadership. The day will feature an opportunity to have lunch with distinguished members of the WITI Board of Advisors and Directors as well as WITI Hall of Fame Honorees.
WITI Executive Roundtables
- This event, on October 4, will launch a series of WITI hosted Executive Roundtables designed to create dialog between industry executives to gain a better understanding of the steps required to facilitate more women accepting Board Room and C Level leadership positions.
The WITI Foundation Executive Auction and VIP Reception
- Provides an opportunity to network with top executives from a broad cross section of industries, who will be offering one-to-one meetings to the highest bidder. A fun event and exciting culmination of 3 days of life changing experiences at the WITI Women Powering Technology Summit! The Executive Auction is the WITI Foundation’s annual fundraiser and closes the Annual WITI Summit on the evening of October 4, 2011.
Special group and non-profit rates are available to interested organizations.
To learn more about WITI and the Women Powering Technology Summit, please visit WITI.com/Summit.
WITI is the world’s leading trade association for professional, tech-savvy women committed to using technology, resources and connections to advance women worldwide. With a global network of smart, talented women and a market reach exceeding 2 million, WITI has established powerful strategic alliances and programs to provide resources, and opportunities within a supportive environment of women committed to helping each other. WITI’s mission is to empower women worldwide to achieve unimagined possibilities and transformations through technology, leadership and economic prosperity. For more information please visit http://witi.com.