Our Senior Team
President & CEO
EVP Client Services & Events
The Palmer Group
PO Box 1455, New York, NY 10156-1455
Phone: +1 212-532-3880
We envision a seamlessly connected world, evolving at an exponential pace, filled with technological wonders that improve and enhance people’s lives.
Our mission is to help our clients manage the accelerating pace of change by identifying emerging technologies, proposing implications and
offering solutions that create value.
- Honesty – we always tell it like we see it.
- Service – we strive to give our clients best-in-class experiences.
- Expertise – we know and use the products we speak about.
- Education – we are fulltime students-of-the-art and we strive to be great teachers.
- Passion – we truly love what we do for a living.
- Sustainability – we transfer knowledge to empower our clients.
- Abundance – we give away knowledge to empower our community.
- Diversity – we strive to be reflective of the world we serve.
- Practice – we practice relentlessly.
- Transparency – we believe in open, transparent communication.
- Social Responsibility – we believe we will do well by doing good.
- Simplicity – we strive for simple, elegant, intuitive solutions that are instantly recognizable as such.
The Early Years
After graduating from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts in 1979 with a B.A. in direction and production of film and television, Shelly Palmer’s first full-time job was as a staff composer and producer for Don Elliot Productions.
By 1982, Palmer had raised enough money to build a digital recording studio, one of the first in the world. He opened Shelton Leigh Palmer & Co., which had principal offices and studios located on East 57th Street in New York City. His company primarily serviced the top 25 AAAA advertising agencies. Palmer also started a small electronic mail and BBS company called Musicom to enable touring musicians, tour operators and concert promoters to communicate using portable computers and modems over telephone lines.
Shelton Leigh Palmer & Co. (soon to become known as SLP&Co.) quickly became busy, composing music for companies like Burger King, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, AT&T and Meow Mix, among others. By 1986, the company built Creative Audio Recording Services, the world’s first commercial tapeless digital audio studios in Midtown Manhattan. That year SLP&Co. started creating and producing music videos and television commercials as well.
In the late 1980s, SLP&Co. branched out again, this time to full service advertising. Palmer became creative director and agency of record for Seagram’s Soft Drinks, No Excuses Jeans and Candie’s Shoes, among others.
SLP&Co. soon expanded to become SLP Productions, Inc. In order to handle the ever-growing production work, the company was divided into six operating divisions: Full Service Advertising, Film/Television Production, Music Production, Radio Production, Broadcast Services and Palmer Intermedia, an Internet division. The company operated complete, in-house, digital audio, video and graphic arts production that serviced the advertising, television, radio and film industries worldwide.
Palmer Advanced Media
In the early part of 2001, SLP Productions closed their studios in New York City and Los Angeles in order to concentrate on an evolving business model in advertising, production and technology consulting. The company thereafter restructured, with a primary focus on digital solutions, television production, advertising and advanced media.
In 2016, ShellyPalmer Strategic Advisors was folded into The Palmer Group, an organization that creates value for its clients by identifying emerging technologies, providing insights and analysis, and offering custom solutions and software.
- Strategic Advisory
- Offers deep knowledge subject matter expertise and strategic council.
- Software & Solutions
- Designs, develops and deploys end-to-end technology solutions.
- Client Services & Events
- Stages custom-curated interactive tours and briefings, centers of excellence and bespoke events.
- Content & Media
- Creates, produces and distributes effective, award-winning omnichannel content.